Sunday, March 07, 2010

So, Um, Hi

Apparently I haven't blogged for a week. This is due to A) moving and living in box city, USA B) starting new job and freaking out about it and C) the head cold attack. Ergo, silence. But, I have conquered week one of the new gig and my house is now 90% box free. The head cold is still here but that's because I haven't slept and keep going out. You see there are these things called 'bars' and my friends keep inviting me to them.

The conversations going like this:

Friends (usually Ava): Hey! Let's go grab dinner and a drink!

Me: I should really stay home, I'm still not feeling great and it's Tuesday.

F.U.A: Um... yeah, but wine kills germs right? So, drinking and eating with me is kind of the same as taking antibiotics.

Me: You make a valid argument, I'll see you in 20.

AND SCENE.

And this is why I'm still sick a week later. It's also made for a super great first impression on my coworkers as my nose is falling off and I keep sniffling. Sexy, I know. Try not to all claw through your computers trying to get to me. This week I am however determined to get healthy. That's right, dammit. Healthy. And I won't go out. Except Wednesday for the scheduled happy hour and rollerskating (I KNOW). Oh and Friday for my dinner plans. And Saturday for my house warming party.

Fuck. I guess I'll just be know as Sniffles Girl at work. Trust me when I say I've been called significantly worse.

4 comments:

Chuck said...

Perhaps the germs have mutated to be able to withstand wine. You need to drink something harder to be healthy. Like Vodka, Jack, or Jäger. Only then, can you truly kill germs and be healthy.

Jäger-bombs are like straight up health drinks. Jäger to kill the germs and Red Bull to give you energy to get through the day. They should have a dispenser at work so people would be less sick...


That least that is my theory.....

Chuck

Anonymous said...

Best Dating Sites

http://www.best-dating-sites.co.uk

Anonymous said...

I have to say that for the past couple of hours i have been hooked by the amazing articles on this blog .
http://www.busco-pareja-ya.com/

Amor-En-Linea said...

I found your post is very informative. The article is professionally written and I feel like the author knows the subject very well.Keep it that way.
http://www.amor-en-linea.es