Monday, September 21, 2009

Ups and Downs

So this weekend was interesting. I started it at the gun range shooting skeet and ended it by breaking up with someone. Oh and in the middle I cooked a 9 course french dinner from scratch.

Let's start with the ups. I got to stand around with a 12 gauge shotgun and yell 'PULL' for about an hour. That fucking ruled the school. Dudes, it was so much fun. I so recommend it if just to feel like an amazing bad ass for an hour. Really, standing around holding a giant gun makes you feel like the Terminator. Or maybe that's just me.

Saturday I threw a belated birthday party for a friend of mine. As I love her to bits and pieces I went a wee tiny bit overboard. As such I decided that I should cook 9 courses, all from scratch. It took roughly 20 full hours but it was so worth it. Everything was delicious and I did a jig of glee when my souffle came out. No, seriously. Others witnessed it. While some may be embarrassed by that, I am not. Why? Because I made a cheese souffle on my first try.

So... the boy. I didn't mention him here because I am trying to keep that aspect of my life a bit more private. But, it's definitely accounted for my lack of posts as of late. He's an amazing guy, probably one of the best I've ever met...but the timing was super off. As such we had probably one of the most mutual and amicable break ups in the history of the world. I'm not closing the door entirely on him, and at the very least will absolutely remain friends with him. It however, still sucks. Stupid heart. Stupid dating. Even when you're the one initiating the conversation and pulling the plug, it still hurts more than you think it will.

I guess this means I'm back out there. Efffff.

2 comments:

Chuck said...

Have faith ODD. Someone as wonderful and caring as you will find the right person at the right time. You deserved to be loved and cared for in the best way possible. When you find him, you won't have any doubts and you'll wonder how you ever mistook anything else for real love.

Plus, who wouldn't love someone that can cook for 20 hours and still do a jig of joy?

Chuck

James said...

You cooked a nine-course meal and didn't post photographs on your 'blog?!