Sunday, June 03, 2007

Things I Don't Understand

This weekend was lovely, thank you very much. Saturday a friend of mine called with last minute, 9th row behind homeplate tickets to the Angels game. It was awesome. I can never sit in regular seats again. To begin with the seats were cushioned. And...in seat service. We simply had to glance about and a lovely woman was at our side asking if we needed another beer. The only thing that could have made it better was if someone gave me a backrub whilst I enjoyed my baseball. Oh and if they Yankees were playing.

It was here that I encountered something that has boggled me for awhile and thus I add it to the list of Things I Do Not Understand. This thing? Chicks who wear high heels to a baseball game. Really? Why is this necessary? It's baseball! The game was meant to be watched while wearing jeans. Roughly 80% of the girls in my section were dressed like they were going to prom. Heels with jeans I could almost over look but heels with a mini skirt just makes me shake my head. I, the girliest girl around, want to throat punch them.

This brings me to another thing I saw that left me with my mouth agape. The fella and I went out for a classy lunch at the Soup Plantation. This is one of my favorite places in all of LA. Why? Because it's a salad bar with a sundae station. Come on! That's good times. The guy in front of me however made something that made me want to never return. Here I was, putting some lettuce on my plate, minding my own business when I smelled something odd. On his 'salad' plate were about 3 pieces of lettuce, a pile of peppers, a handful of jalapenos and he was adding pickles by the handful. He then covered it with cheese. Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse he smothered and I mean you couldn't see anything underneath, smothered the 'salad' with salsa. A) Why is salsa even an option at the salad bar and B) Ew. If it wasn't a dude I would assume he was pregnant. Perhaps he was. That was the only explanation I could come up with.

LA man, it's just odd. And covered with salsa.

1 comment:

gamerbri said...

LOL yea as a native of Calif let me offically welcome you to our fair state. You will find a lot of the women dress that way to go different places and do different thing. I will say sorry now we can't help it.