Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Good Times

You know what's fun after a stressful day at work? Attempting to wrestle a cat to the ground so you can brush his teeth. Do I know how to party or do I know how to PAR-TAY? Yes. I brush my cat's teeth. Not because I want to, by any stretch of the imagination. I would in fact rather put my hand in the garbage disposal the vast majority of the time. I brush my cat's teeth because he is a delicate little flower, just like his mama, and has gingivitis. Ergo, 4 to 5 times a week I have to stalk him like prey, wrestle him and brush his teeth with a mini brush. God loves me a whole lot.

I really know he loves me...because my job? It's not going to be around a whole lot longer. nnThey are shutting down my department. Rejoice! Because who needs things like paychecks and health care? Not I! It's not a definite thing but it's about 99% a done deal. As such I am scrambling to apply any where under the sun. My back up plan of becomming a recluse in Maine is looking better and better. I figure I'll be just like Salinger minus a couple awesome and generation defining books. Other than that we could be twins. Well that and the fact that I am not a dude.

Herein lies the true rub: I don't actually like what I do. I used to work on film sets and then was injured (fell down stairs. It hurt. A lot). After the injury I A) laid around in a leg brace for 6 months and bemoaned my state and B) found myself a fancy office job in corporate America. I do not like corporate America. I don't like having to dress like an adult and sit in meetings for hours on end. But as I am me, I have no idea what I would rather do. So I keep finding similar jobs and then bitching about them. It's a wonderful cycle full of happiness and sunshine. So the search begins anew. Fingers crossed that somewhere along the way I figure out what the hell to do with my life. As apparently they do not pay you to 'play scrabble and eat cupcakes'. Which is really a shame, because that? That I kick ass at.

Oh and another plug for the show Mortified (www.getmortified.com). I took a friend to see it tonight and we both laughed so ard our faces hurt. Go see it, enjoy, laugh and be merry. I insist.

No comments: