Wednesday, March 25, 2009

An Open Letter

Dear NyQuil,

Hey buddy. Thanks for helping me sleep last night, I really needed that. I appreciate all you do, however, I have a comment. Sure, you help me breathe and sleep but do you really need to come with dreams that I can only say feel like an acid trip? Last time I took you in January I had a dream that I was Secretary of State and the main part of my job was consuming unlimited amounts of free Yoo Hoo. It was funny, sure, but it gave me a wicked craving for that sugary chocolate drink that I couldn't shake for a week. Last night however was just weird, NyQuil. You know what I'm talking about. Don't try to deny the dream wherein my mom was dating Hugh Downs and we all had to dress like it was 1994 to make him feel more comfortable. My mom does not look cute with her shirt tucked into high waisted jeans and I gave up the babydoll dress/combat boots look a long time ago for a good reason. Also, watching my mom french Hugh Downs in my dream world isn't something that attributes to a night of 'restful sleep'. So NyQuil, if you could keep that kind of stuff away from my medically induced sleep I'd be much appreciative. Thanks buddy, you're a champ.

Hugs and Kisses,
Me

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahh! Me Too! Last time I took Nyquil I dreamt that all these people I love were loony-bin crazy and they couldn't speak coherent sentences. It was depressing and made me feel like I belonged in the loony-bin.
(Hi, i'm such a lurker and yet the Nyquil posts brings me out. I'm so random. haha)