Monday, July 20, 2009

Sleep Free Since 1999

So, I have insomnia. Generally it strikes for about two weeks straight and then disappears. Having dealt with this the vast majority of my life I'm pretty used to it. It entails me laying awake, staring the ceiling and cursing under my breath. It's pretty glamorous.

Lately I fall asleep the second my head hits the pillow. But then I wake up at 5:05 AM (really 4:48 as my clock is fast, but whatever). This reverse insomnia has now been going on for 3 weeks.

Strangers, I am generally a mildly nice person. I will smile at waitresses and not maim you when you cut me off in traffic. However, going on 3 weeks of 2 to 3 hours of sleep a night, well, I am no longer nice. Not even a teeny tiny little bit. Today at work I actually hissed at some one. I also yelled at someone on the phone because he had misunderstood my poorly worded email. It should also be noted that it's only 10:30 AM. I have warned my assistants to take cover and warn their loved ones in the greater Los Angeles area.

I recommend you do the same. God save us all.

4 comments:

asoom said...

I suffer from insomnia, it wasn't so much an issue when I had health insurance...it's nothing that an RX can't fix. However I'm back to being uninsured and have had to rely on at-remedies.

Today I picked up a homeopathic sleep aid with chamomille that someone told me about. I'll let you know how it works.

Becky said...

ok maybe this is a stupid question but what about going to sleep earlier?

Drew said...

Insomnia sucks. I started taking Ambien and basically became a drug addict on the stuff. I really couldn't get to sleep without it.

gamerbri said...

wow, I have my times with insomnia myself. It's gotten worst these days now that I am working nights. I feel for you that is for sure. also for your assistant maybe they can buy you a cookie and tame the beast within. At least for a little bit.