Tuesday, January 29, 2008

A Snapshot of My Day

Just to give you a snapshot of my day and how everything went today:

The scene: a deli near work

Me: I'd like turkey, mozzarella and olive oil on a roll

Her: Ok

(sandwich arrives with turkey, cheese and olives)

Me: I'm sorry, this is actually not right...I asked for olive oil not olives.

Her: Oh, ok.

(sandwich returns with turkey, cheese and olives)

Me: Yeah...see, still with olives. I want olive oil. It's clear. And a liquid. This is like a solid and you know, olives.

Her: Oh, ok.

(sandwich arrives and is correct)

Me: (take a bite, it's feta cheese)

I understand that in the grand scheme of things, not a big deal, but repeat this scenario with everything throughout the day and you will want to stab yourself in the face repeatedly. This is where I am at.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was so funny!! How was the sandwich with feta, BTW? Just asking, cause I am Greek and want to hear how you liked it.

Online Dating Girl said...

It was actually tasty. Just a shock as I expected bland Mozz.