Wednesday, October 22, 2008

An Open Letter

Dear Los Angeles,

Hey amigo, long time no talk. I feel like now that we've hit the 2nd anniversary mark that we really know each other. We get the quirks and foibles and kind of roll with it. For example, I know that you will have bad traffic and stupid people and that sometimes it will take me an hour to get my car out of a parking garage. I accept this. However, LA, I feel you don't accept me. You KNOW I love Christmas and fall and that this is my secret dorky shame. You understand that the second there is a chill in the air I have an overwhelming urge to cover every single square inch with snowmen figurines and/or twinkle lights. To do this however, I require that damn chill. I can't get said chill when it's 95 fucking degrees outside on October 22nd. You see LA, I am starting to get really pissed off. I am essentially cheating on you LA, as I gaze at apartments online all day in places with seasons. Now, I'm not saying I want to break up for good, but my eye is straying. So get your act together, you idiot. I don't want to leave (moving is tiring) but... I can't deal with this bullshit much longer. There, I said it. Now come give me a huge you big nerdy city.

Hugs and Kisses,
Me

2 comments:

kel said...

Totally relate. Well, kind of. I miss fall, too, but then I go back to Utah in the winter and remember why I moved to SoCal in the first place. Just remember, while everyone else is bundled up inside, we are outside maintaining our tans. And it's totally worth the insane mortgage and rent we pay.

AJ said...

Sometimes I Google "Winter" to torture myself...