Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Captain Falls A Lot

To say I am a bit awkward and clumsy would be an understatement of epic proportions. This will come in handy when I am strapped to a zip line in the rain forest in 8 days, but I digress.

Yesterday morning I was dead asleep when my alarm went off. I finally woke up after about 5 minutes of it blaring 2 inches from my head and dragged my sorry ass out of bed. After 3 steps I tripped on air and full on face planted on the ground. My downstairs neighbor LOVES me. The thing about falling, not only falling but falling face first into laundry, is that even when you are alone you look around to make sure no one saw. It's even funnier when you are in just your underpants. When my cats finished laughing at me I dusted off and continued on with my day thinking it was a one off.

Cut to this morning. Dead asleep again, sleeping through alarm again. I wake up, carefully watching my feet. I think I am in the clear from falling again when I open a door, hit myself in the face with it and then fall down. This time I walked away with a slight bruise and bump on my face. Tomorrow I am putting money on the idea that a limb will just fall off.

This is why a camera crew should be following me at all times.

1 comment:

Chuck said...

I'm not quite that bad, but I've always felt like my body is too big for me and I find it difficult to do much athleticly.

On another note, I'm looking forward to the extended story on your reunion. Especially the part about you making someone cry...

Chuck