Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Recovering

Dudes, my weekend (sans boob tape removal) was awesome. Last night I had my first night in since last Sunday. And all I can say is, man, I am fucking old. My body hurts and all I want to do is climb into bed by 8PM and perhaps watch some Matlock.

Thursday, which I wrote about, ended with 3 whole hours of sleep. Friday I went to a cancer benefit that was an 80's prom. I rolled into my house around 1:30, in bed by 2:30 and up at 7 because my body hates me. Saturday...well...I went to a Halloween party, out to eat afterward (still dressed as a 1985 Prom Queen) and I got home at 4AM, had to wash the 80's out of my hair and then in bed by 5:30. Up at 8 because again, body = evil. Sunday was a 1920's costume party downtown which was amazing. I left at 11:30 as I was falling asleep on my feet, but the second my head hit the pillow I woke right up. Starting to see a pattern?

I used to be able to do this. Hell, once upon a time I went clubbing until 7AM, slept for 15 minutes and went to work for 15 hours. AND I WAS FINE. Now I go out for a few nights and I am increasingly aware of my need for sleep and pajama pants. This makes me sad, especially since I have to do it all over again starting on Thursday. Think they'll let me just sleep on the couch at the parties?

1 comment:

kel said...

Yeah, sucks getting old. although...I'm impressed by your turnout this weekend!