Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Ah, Fall

Yesterday it rained for 5 WHOLE minutes. What does this mean? It means that in LA we have experienced the entirety of our fall season. Next comes winter when we wear tank tops and eat outside next to heat lamps because it's 60 degrees. Then comes pilot season and then summer, again.

I really do like LA. Some could even say that at times I 'love' it. I like the fact that when I tell people that I am going to the acupuncturist and then the astrologist they just kind of nod and then say 'awesome'. Were I to tell anyone in New York this they would attempt to have me committed and possibly punch me in the face. I also love the proximity to my family and the fact that I can point my car east and be home in 5 hours or less, depending on how much caffeine I have had the level of lead in my foot. I do not, however, love or even really enjoy the weather. I miss seasons and layers. I miss leaves changing and waking up covered in blankets. These days I wake up and bemoan the fact my AC isn't strong enough.

I am just annoyed that it's the end of September and 90 degrees. I want the ability to wear a sweater, dammit. And not just because I am tired of being on a diet so I can fit into tiny tank tops. Ok, that's mostly it, but I would like a change of scenery mostly. A change that lasts longer than 5 minutes.

End petulant whiny post.

2 comments:

kel said...

Really? I miss fall, but then I think about snow and I remember why I live in SoCal. No thank you, cold weather.

Becky said...

I have to say I LOVE fall. I sleep with the windows open a little bit and lots of blankets. It's heavenly in Wisconsin this time of year.