Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Why Not to Shop When Sick

Yesterday I knew I had to drag my sick, sorry ass to work. I had the Important Adult Meetings wherein I would have to A) be in the office and B) not wear my snowman pajama pants. To do this there was only one solution: copious amounts of over the counter drugs.Ergo, I had an adventure in Target-land.

I went to Target with one intention and one intention only: procure drugs, ingest, leave. I stepped in and totally forgot that. Instead, internet, I tried on dresses. For an hour. Then I meandered around the store trying to recall my original intention for going. I know! I'll buy tuna! (side note, never in my life have I purchased tuna and I don't eat it, hate it in fact) I grabbed a can of tuna and thought, no, that can't be it. But, I'll buy it just in case. Then I wandered around some more and bought the following: plastic bags, a USB cable, a pair of gloves, 2 cans of tuna and a single Christmas card. I figured with this vast array of stuff I couldn't have possibly forgotten what I had originally come into the store for, right? I checked out and went to work, proud of myself for figuring out my Target needs.

Then about 10 minutes later I feel asleep on my desk. It was only after waking that I realized I was far too sick to be in the office and I had forgotten the Very Important Staying Awake Drugs. Also, that I was very late to work and napping on my desk is uncomfortable.

So let this be a lesson to you: if you must shop when ill, bring a list. Oh and don't try on clothes, because it will make you sad you aren't in pajama pants.

2 comments:

kel said...

Even lists don't help at Target.

Anonymous said...

I once stood behind a couple who purchased vaseline, panty hose, condoms, twine and a car battery. Can't wipe that one from my brain. I have tried.