Tuesday, May 12, 2009

A Scene From the Day

Yesterday I had a book put on hold at a local store. I went in to pick it up and the adorable shop boy behind the counter was flirting with me. Flirting! With me! He was probably about 24 but had liquid brown eyes and we had a good banter. I was enjoying myself, pushing aside the overwhelming grief for a moment and flirted back. That is until he found the book.

That's when his expression went from flirtatious to completed closed off. He said 'oh' and handed the book over and turned back to his computer without another word.

Why you ask? Because the book I was picking up is titled: The Journey from Abandonment to Healing. Sexy, huh?

My life is a bad sitcom.

3 comments:

Becky said...

That is too funny! And so classic.

And hey! YOU FLIRTED! good for you!

gamerbri said...

It was a good effort for sure. just think of it this way he was for sure hitting on you.

Chuck said...

Good for you. Flirting makes you feel good, doesn't it. I don't get the opportunity to flirt very often. Usually only when I'm drunk.

I agree. Your life should be on TV.

Here's my question to you, though. Who would you want to play the part of Miss ODD.

Take care, Dear

Chuck