Thursday, July 24, 2008

An Open Letter

Dear Work,

Why must you try to kill me with the events? Today we had a 6 hour meeting. 6 hours of being forced to sit and talk and pretend to be an adult. It was stressful to say the least. Do you not think that is enough? Apparently not as afterwards we had to go to dinner. And drinks. And finally at 10:35PM I was allowed to go home. Work, I like my home. The cats are there and there is a no pants rule. In public, and especially at work events, I must wear the pants. You see why I am in a rush to get home. Tomorrow there are 2 more events. Two. T-W-O. On a Friday.I will suck it up, smile and be charming as long as you promise that after this we hold on the events for awhile. Perhaps a few weeks, minimum. This will give me some time to catch up on the Pants Free Home Livin' as well as heal up from all the stress as of late. And I need to heal. Burn my healing candle, drink too much, whatnot. Thanks work, you're a champ.

Hugs and Kisses,
Me

3 comments:

Becky said...

There is a no bra rule in my house. But at work, there is very much a BRA rule. Work is a sexist pig.

kel said...

I agree with Becky. And I want to know....you have a healing candle AND can afford to get massages? I'm gonna say it...I'm jealous!

gamerbri said...

I am so going to have to try this no pants rule. sounds like fun.