Monday, September 29, 2008

The Reunion: A Recap

My brain is basically mush from fatigue. Ergo, a quick recap with more to come later when I have slept more than 30 minutes in a row.

- I spent a lot of time talking to my 4th grade best friend. It was weird and yet awesome. She has a baby, which is not surprising as 95% of my class has a baby or was pregnant. She and I didn't speak in high school at all as she was popular and well, I was fat and angry. It was nice to catch up and made the entire thing worth it.

- Very drunk girl kept coming up to me and telling me how I used to be round and am no longer. I have been called many, many things in my life, but never have I been called round quite so often.

- Girl who was a pathological liar in high school is still a pathological liar. And they've gotten worse and decidedly less believable. We all know you weren't teaching kindergarten in Austria for the past 4 years. Also, your hair didn't 'magically' happen to get more blond with age.

- Bitchy girl from high school is still a bitch. However, she has not aged well. And, the best thing to happen EVER... her husband got kicked out of the reunion. Why, you ask? Because he peed on the floor in the bathroom. Class city, USA.

- It's possible to be hung over for 2 days after a single reunion experience. As I have mentioned I had given up the drinking as part of my acupuncturist cleanse. Ergo, the drinks hit me HARD and I am still in pain. However, I had more fun than expected, talked to some great people and laughed a lot. I am oddly glad I went and I didn't even have to punch anyone in the face! Although, I did make someone cry. More on that later.

No comments: