Thursday, September 25, 2008

A Scene From the Day

There I am, curled up on the couch bemoaning my state as a human being, when my cat jumps up to cuddle. I think 'aww, he loves me and realizes I am sick' and start to pet him. Then I notice he smells. And that smell? Is poop. I turn him around and realize he has poop all stuck to him, and at this point he smiles and runs away.

You know, nothing is more fun when you have the flu than to be crouched on all 4 in your underpants chasing a cat while clinging to a stack of 'Girl's night out' napkins. Really, try it next time you are ill. It will add a certain sense of frivolity to your illness. Please note though that you must only be wearing underpants because that's what makes the scene truly come together. It also helps you acquire some new cat scratches in very odd and interesting places.

After I had cleaned up the cat I laid around thinking... 'oh lord, I am going to have to shave my cat's ass. Then I won't just be the girl whose cat is on Prozac, I'll be the girl who spends her time shaving cat's asses.' And then I took more medicine and went to sleep.

3 comments:

kel said...

It's funny. But also grosses me out at the same time.

Alexa F. said...

Interesting visual...

Anonymous said...

Super-fluff, aka Chandler Bing once ate an entire baggie of fresh catnip from Nana's house. It was mildly amusing until he went poop...at which time his entire rear end was green from mid-tail to paws. I had to hold his ass under the bath tap and wash it off...that also garnered some interesting scratches. I feel yer pain.