Tuesday, April 22, 2008

An Open Letter

Dear Los Angeles,

Today was Earth Day. Fun, huh? I can tell you celebrated because in honor of today you closed down a large part of Wilshire Blvd to encourage people to use public transportation instead of driving. Kudos. Really. Here I am clapping. Albeit... I am clapping later than usual because the closing of Wilshire caused mass chaos and panic on every other street in the city. My usual 20 minute commute was almost an hour. Boy, nothing says happy Earth Day like idling in traffic with a million other people. It's also fun that since that particular street was closed that my 4 mile commute became 10 due to the reroute to open streets. So, again, excellent planning. Next time why don't we just celebrate Earth Day by lighting a large pile of tires on fire and throwing away a bunch of those plastic water bottles? I think it would roughly the same thing. Just some food for thought.

Hugs and Kisses,
Me

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i am really hoping you are being sarcastic about the closing of the street being in honor of earth day because if you aren't then i am really worried about the leadership in LA and may have to rethink my strong desire to move there