Saturday, November 21, 2009

Things I Discovered Today

- Retail Therapy: I have always adamantly hated shopping. Internet, I have learned the errors of my ways. I shopped today and damn, it felt good. Especially because I bought the entire state of California, and it is apparently adorable, and includes tiny ceramic birds.

- Tiny ceramic birds: Can be adorable. Or one step closer to Spinster Town, USA. It's currently up for debate.

- Kiss My Bundt: It's a cake shop that sells teeny tiny little bundt cakes that are ridiculously, out of control delicious. Seriously, they should be illegal, that's how tasty they are. It may be the best red velvet cake I have had in California and my friends, I have had a lot of red velvet cake. If you are in LA and having a bad day, go, neigh, run, you won't regret it. Also it's conveniently located beneath my massage place and cake after a 90 minute massage tastes even better.

- The kindness of strangers: Apparently when getting out of Liz's car I dropped my phone. I realized I was without my phone about two hours later. We assumed I had left it in the car and went back. When we got there I found my phone resting on the door handle, turned screen in so it blended with the car. All we can figure is someone saw me drop it and decided to hide it there as best they could so no one would take it. This is to me, beyond amazing, and totally turned my mood completely around. It made me realize, as mushy as this seems, that there is some good in the world and people can surprise you in the best of ways. So as we drove away, me clutching my phone, I sent the stranger that found my phone very good thoughts and wished for them a lifetime of happiness and amazing sex. Fingers crossed they get it.

No comments: