Wednesday, November 18, 2009

What the What

Tonight I sat in a circus tent and watched wee little French men fling themselves about in dangerous ways. In other words I went to see Kooza, a Cirque du Soleil show. It was awesome and I highly recommend you check it out if you are in the area. So amazing in fact that when a dude looked like he was going to fall I screamed like a teenager and accidentally grabbed Ava's boob as I panicked. I totally got to second base in a circus tent. Score: 1 for me, 0 for today.

The main thing I took away from the show was: how does one discover that they can do these things? I mean, if you are short and french does the government knock on your door, hand you some spandex and say 'get to stretchin', you've got a destiny!'? I mean I'm bendier than most but I've never thought to myself that I should balance on my head while doing a backbend and then gently rest my feet on my forehead. Apparently in France, that's the norm though and even though I've been to Paris multiple times I imagine that the streets are full of hyper flexible people wearing outfits with codpieces, just like the Cirque team.

My brain is a magical place.

4 comments:

gamerbri said...

OH M you are so good. I went to see the show a couple of weeks ago but only got to watch to the intermission. We had a wonderful group of drunk people behind us that wouldn't shut up or stop kicking our seats. We complained and nothing was done so we said hell it's going to OC next we can catch it down there. Glad you had a much better time. But I have to tell you they are from Canada not France. LOL

Online Dating Girl said...

In my head, it's France. Because French midgets are much funnier than Canadian midgets.

gamerbri said...

LOL I like it in your head much better M. so I will go with you on this one.

Dora said...

Actually they are from my home town, Montreal, and we have a circus school here. If you like gymnastics and want to continue professionally, you can!!
www.nationalcircusschool.ca
Salut!