Monday, November 24, 2008

Quote of the Day

I have a cold (cough, cough) so this will be short and sweet as the NyQuil is kicking in and I have about 3 minutes before I am face planted on the keyboard. Last night I had some people over for dinner as is the new Sunday tradition. Afterwards we all sat around talking about just how badly 2008 sucks. We compared war stories and railed against the atrocities that 2008 has rained down upon us. Trying to find the light I said:

'Well on the plus side 2009 will only have 20 days of GWB'

At which point my friend said in total earnestness and very loudly, 'Yeah, and the next day Lost starts!' We all slightly cocked our heads to the side, having been caught off guard. So my friend shrugged and said 'it's a really good show'. And then we laughed at her for an hour.

This is why tequila is included in all new Sunday night dinners.

2 comments:

Becky said...

2008 sucked ASS and Lost IS a good show. And 1/20/09 is a day I have been looking forward to for four years!

And that's all I have to say about that.

gamerbri said...

Tequila is a wonderful wonderful thing.