Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Yesterday

Yesterday was both awesome and horrible. It was amazing to witness history, truly beyond words. A friend and I split a bottle of wine and danced around my apartment in the dorkiest way humanly possible. Then the news came on that Prop 8 passed and the wind went out of my sails. I don't really have much to say other than: way to be America, epic fail California. On the plus side immediately thereafter I got a text message that made wine come out of my nose. It read: "There is a sign up sheet to move Bush out of the White House. I signed us up for the 3 to 7 shift." This made the day easier to deal with.

In other news I would very much like to stop being emotionally firebombed by the universe. Got some news about an ex the other day, he's happy and has found new love. I? I have found vodka. Lots and lots of vodka. Then today summer fling decided that since I was nice to him the other day when we accidentally bumped into each other that we are now friends. Got a surprise IM from him today. That was super fun. What the fuck world? Did I run over your puppy? Hit on your prom date? WHAT DID I DO?

All I can say is that the world better start behaving and fix this crap-tacular behavior. I will accept a pony or hot boy as a token of the world's affection. I think it would make us even.

1 comment:

Becky said...

YAY for Obama, boo for Prop 8 and damn those ex's. I can't seem to shake mine so I got nothin' for ya.

Except MORE VODKA!